Unusual architect designed South -facing detached 1980s house with in ground pool on edge of friendly village Aude valley, Languedoc Rousillon
Lovely views of village and surrounding vineyards with good walks in all directions.
35 minutes from fabulous Unesco listed Carcassonne with cheap Ryanair flights. 15 minutes from historic Limoux with it’s Friday market. Limoux is also famous for it’s 3 month long winter carnival and it’s Blanquette de Limoux sparkling wine.
The property is on the edge of a small village with 300 inhabitants. There are numerous activities for those who wish to participate, but it is also possible to have a quiet life. The village has a well attended bar two nights a week with very frequent music events. In the village there is a library, book club, bridge club, choir, french conversation group and sports club ( tennis and table tennis.) Theatre and concerts are arranged by the village committee regularly. Golf and Squash are available at Carcassonne. The nearest ski resort is about 1 1/2 hours away.
Parking for several cars with a fully enclosed garden of 3000 sq metres containing some mature fruit trees and a newly constructed “ruin/folly” with church windows and arrow slit. ( an unusual feature of quirky character)
4 bedrooms, but would easily convert to a two bedroom house with an attached separate one bed apartment for a friend or relative to live independently. The house is 1980s and you could call it “traditional ” or “retro”. A new owner may want to bring it more up to date.
There is a possibility of purchasing fully equipped in order to move straight in.
- 4 bedrooms
- L shaped lounge and dining room with wood burner. French doors to pool and terrace. Cathedral ceiling.
- Electric shutters and double glazing to lounge and ground floor kitchen
- Electric heaters throughout
- Inground pool
- South facing
- 3 covered terraces
- 2 kitchens
- 1 full bathroom plus 1 shower room plus downstairs cloakroom
- Mezzanine office/library/music room and Dressing
- Very large detached garage with mezzanine
- Detached pool house/storeroom/freezer room/craft room
- DPE Energy D(227) Emissions B (10)
- Euros 239,000 (including agents fees )
For further info contact Marilyn Wheeler by e mail, email@example.com